I can’t believe we’re only at the end of our second week of Spring, and they are forecasting our first heatwave for next week! Yep, it’s September and we’re looking at 36oC this Sunday!!
To help get you through the scorching weekend, I’ve got a super quick, super delish recipe for you. Only 3 ingredients, it’s so easy to make, that it’s usually my kids whipping it up in my house!
I have found that bananas that are on the slighly riper end of the spectrum work better. If they are still a little under-ripe, the icecream can be a bit starchy, and not quite as smooth.
So dig out your blender or food processor, grab a couple of bananas and whip up yourself a batch of dairy-free choc-banana icecream!
- 3 bananas cut in rounds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp honey
- Lay the banana slices out in a single layer on a lined baking tray
- Freeze the bananas for 2-3 hours until frozen solid.
- Place the frozen banana slices in a food processor or high powered blender and add the cacao and honey.
- Blitz for 10-30 seconds until smooth.
- Store in a covered container in the freezer.